Wound dehiscence treatment with GANIKDERMA® products
- When was the surgery?
- What procedure was performed?
- What type of wound the patient has, acute or chronic?
- There were complications during surgery performance?
- What is the patient’s ability to heal after surgery?
“Intense pain, large amounts of exudate and odor are the most common signs of infection. Some other manifestations like erythema, abscess and high temperature can be present. Treatment of postoperative wound dehiscence at risk should consider protecting perilesional skin in most cases, fragile against maceration and debridement to ensure optimal and effective control of exudate, sometimes surgery is required. The rate of occurrence of acute wound dehiscence, it is about 6%, increasing with increasing patient age, requiring additional costs of treatment (systemic antibiotics, increased hospitalization period, and so on).
GANIKDERMA® products and wound dehiscence
More effective dressings that may avoid the need for invasive therapies are being investigated. GANIKDERMA® proved during time that very positive results can be acquired in acute and chronic wounds, due to their autolytic debriding action. In wound dehiscence treatment, GANIKDERMA® Ointment offers the following solutions:
- Anti-inflammatory properties of GANIKDERMA® Ointment are due to natural ingredients Phenols, Oleocanthal, Fatty acids that also help reinstallation of the lipid barrier of the skin. Bismuth subgallate has anti-inflammatory properties and works also as a haemostatic and antimicrobial agent;
- Autolytic debridement achieved with GANIKDERMA® Ointment by using occlusive dressings maintains wound fluid in contact with the necrotic tissue. Autolysis itself uses the body’s own enzymes (MMPs), and moisture to re-hydrate. In addition, the ointment is rich in provitamin A that ensures hydration of tissues. The anti-inflammatory effect and the absorption of exudate excess favor the autolitic debridment.
- Antibacterial action of phenolic acids, flavonoid, ferulic acid and ricinoleic acid, components of GANIKDERMA® Ointment.
- Antiseptic action of Gum rosin and camphor which prevent and control wound infection;
- Assurance of a good quality of the new epithelium and regeneration of the skin with good tenderness and appearance.
Wound debridement erform easy and with minimal pain, due to optimum viscosity of the GANIKDERMA® ointment. Meanwhile, GANIKDERMA® ointment contains moisturizing and absorbing elements with properties that provide autolytic debridement. Standard treatments for chronic wounds include coverage and local wound care with several dressings. The most commonly used are impregnated dressings which have antibacterial activity and which allow wound debridment.